With just a month until Christmas we had a craving for some traditional festive spices here at Grumpy HQ… but of course with a caffeinated kick! So that led us to experiment with our Cascara to create a festive seasonal drink to warm your hooves.
What you will need:
- 30g Cascara
- 1litre of boiling water
- Half an orange
- 2 star anise
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add your 30g cascara into a Chemex (or jug) add 1 litre of boiling water
- Cut two wedges of orange and pierce the whole cloves into the orange skin, around 8 in each should do then add to the cascara
- Squeeze the remaining orange and add the juice
- Finally add in the 2 star anise and cinnamon stick
- Allow to brew for 4 minutes stirring regularly
- After the 4 minutes stir vigorously for 30 seconds
- Filter and serve whilst hot
This festive brew will have noses twitching in no time with the rich spiciness scent and a taste which won’t disappoint.