Bewley’s Coffee Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at www.grumpymule.co.uk (“our site”).
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you offers and promotions, subject to any preference that you may indicate when submitting your personal information.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of supply and our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
By submitting your information to us you consent to the use of it as set out in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bewley’s Coffee Limited whose address is, Bent Ley Industrial Estate, Bent Ley Road, Meltham, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD9 4EP.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• When you order or enquire about our products we will need to know your name, postal address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and credit card details. If you have ordered products for a third party we will need to know their delivery address.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.grumpymule.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Bewley's Tea & Coffee Limited, and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to compile aggregate information about areas of our site visited most frequently. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can be thought of an Internet user’s identification card. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can not read other information saved on your hard drive. They can not be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s email address. They only contain and transfer to our site as much information as you have disclosed to our site.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To help maintain the quality of our goods and services we may also use your information to contact you to request feedback on the products you have ordered and the service you have received.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information , to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you consent to us using your information in this way, or passing your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the any form on which we collect your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the unlikely event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• In the unlikely event that Bewley's Tea & Coffee Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use [or terms and conditions of supply] and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bewley's Tea & Coffee Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.